Monday 10 December 2012

December, how I love you so...

Brrrr! It's freezing here!

As my dear Daddy keeps saying "It's proper winter weather!"

I couldn't agree with him more. When the days draw to a close quickly and it's dark by around four in the afternoon, that's when I get excited knowing it's perfectly acceptable to cuddle up on the couch with a steaming cup of hot chocolate and watch some Christmas classics.

Recently, I've discovered a newfound love in terms of a Christmas film. It's A Wonderful Life is now one of my absolute favourite Christmas films. I discovered by love for the classic black and white films through watching It's A Wonderful Life. If you've never watched it, I would highly recommend doing so, I can't believe I waited til last Saturday night to watch it for the first time.

Now, you can probably tell I love Christmas, and I really do. I think it's the most wonderful time of year, where people are so jolly and cheery without any reason other than the fact it's Christmas.

Some things I'd recommend doing this Christmas:

  • Decorate! (I even decorated my wheelchair for the holiday season!)
  • Make Christmas cookies!
  • Smile and wish people a "Merry Christmas"
  • Drop spare change in charity collection tins.
  • Wrap your gifts
  • Make paper snowflakes (I still love doing this, even now!)
  • Drink hot chocolate.
  • Watch Elf
  • Make plans with friend/family member(s) to go and look at all the gorgeous Christmas lights.
  • Volunteer your time to your favourite charities 
  • Wear Christmas socks (this is a MUST!)
  • Spend a whole day or two (or even a week, if you're feeling especially festive) wearing a headband with reindeer ears on!
  • Watch Elf whilst wearing your reindeer ears!
See you all soon & Merry Christmas!

xox Maisie 


0 comments:

Post a Comment